PR at Sunrise lists „Top 10 Signs You Are The Official Social Media Nerd Of Your Company„. That put me in a mood thinking what are the signs for a CEO that his company is not „Social Media Ready“. Your company definitively is not „Social Media Ready“ when…
10. People call you by your Twitter handle instead of your real name
I’ve heard of that „Twitter“ but why people should think I have a Twitter subscription? Each morning I have a press review on my desk
9. You hate the fact that someone else is the foursquare Mayor of your company
What is Foursquare? Why the heck the local mayor didn’t invite me too? When will that event take place?
8. You check for new messages on your Twitter and Facebook accounts more often than you check your e-mail or text messages
I have my regularly press review and my assistent prints my emails. BTW staff is not allowed to go on Twitter or Facebook – and „to go to the internet“ is only allowed for checking for press releases on our company’s website
7. Just because you are active on social media networks everyone assumes you are a social media expert
I’m quite active in the golf club socializing with other CEOs. And we often talk about those dumb journalists who wrote in the media about our latest product releases. We all know better than them! But I …
6. You’ve created a foursquare check-in for your office desk or cube
Once again: Our local mayor didn’t invite me. I don’t think I will support his local business campaign again next summer…
5. When you need advice you first reach out to your followers before speaking with personal friends
For sure! My personal friends don’t know how to run a business! I’d rather ask those guys who follow me on the golf course
4. Co-workers constantly ask how you have so much time to Tweet
I don’t have co-workers. I only have subordinates. And I never go to the water cooler
3. Anytime someone mentions the words ‘social media’ in a brainstorm you’re the first name that comes up in the conversation
Yes that’s right. It is important the staff gets informed at our company party with a CEO video! And that’s the way the staff in our subsidiarys know what’s up. Actually I am the only one who can inspire them!
2. You get more upset when your favorite blog isn’t mentioned in a rankings list vs. when your clients blog isn’t listed in one
Yes! Our marketing guy set up that blog where he puts all of our press releases. Our clients still have that conventional press pages on their websites
1. You’d rather work on a viral campaign for a client than secure a segment on Oprah
Are you serious? Of course I would work with a client! Who would go to the opera when he’s got a flu?